Friday, November 18, 2011

Does the pink part of a fingernail grow back out?

I have been biting my nails for a long time and I am wondering if the nail bed is permanently damaged beacause they've been so short for so long, or if it is possible to grow the pink nail bed portion back out.. I'm trying to stop biting my nails also, so any tips?

Does the pink part of a fingernail grow back out?
I had an accident one day where I had an industrial sewing machine put a needle through my fingernail in 3 different places. It sucked, my nail had a bunch of holes in it right through the skin undernieth. Once my nail grew completly out again it looked normal. I can only imagine if you curbed your habbit yours would as well.


One way to stop biting your nails is to just always have something that tastes horrible on your hands. wether it be a hand cream, or anit-bacterial cream. That way as soon as your fingers get close to your mouth you notice yourself doing it.
Reply:They'll grow back if you give them a chance. Go out and get this special nail polish that tastes bitter, i'm not sure what it's called but i'm sure you can find it all wal-greens and it will prevent you from biting your nails.


No comments:

Post a Comment